Ultima Restoration
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultima Restoration

“We Recreate Worlds”

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultima: Aiera

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ultima: Aiera Empty
PostSubject: Ultima: Aiera   Ultima: Aiera Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2008 9:35 pm

an Ultima Project archive site

http://www.ultimaaiera.com/
Back to top Go down
https://ultimarestoration.rpg-board.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ultima: Aiera Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultima: Aiera   Ultima: Aiera Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:05 am

Thanks to the Aiera for the great writeups!

"I just got this in my inbox this morning. It’s a notice from NWN developer and Ultima fan Saduj that a new Ultima website — a combination of links to other Ultima
projects and a series of Ultima-related projects all its own — has come
online.

After 5 years of NWN development for the Origin universe we have gone public and began releasing screenshots of current projects and NWN content for designers to use.

It’s a short message, and it actually doesn’t communicate enough, methinks. Though the description is brief, the project itself is massive (and will mean a good deal of work for me on the site here!).

Because it’s not only a collection of utilities for Neverwinter Nights developers who want to make Ultima-themed modules (although it is that too, and I’ll be borrowing more than a few of their innovations for Lost Sosaria!). It is also a collection of NWN-based remakes of Ultima titles, including:

* Ultima 1
* Ultima 7
* Ultima 8
* Savage Empire
* Martian Dreams

The projects all look spectacular, and many of them have more than a few screenshots up for the good Reader to look at.

This is, I cannot understate, a massive undertaking by a dedicated team of Ultima fans, and I for one look forward to both using, and later enjoying, the fruits of their labours. As yet, only the various Ultima-related utilities are available for download, and I haven’t yet had time to create project entries at the site here to cover the multitude of projects. But rest assured that I will be doing so as soon as I find a moment!

Update: For the time being, I have created one omnibus project entry for Ultima Restoration. As the various remakes progress in their devleopment arcs, I will branch off each into its own project entry."

"Ultima Restoration developer Saduj contacted me to let me know that another utility has been added to his team’s collection of Neverwinter Nights modifications — an Ultima-style conversation system to replace the default system in NWN.

By default, the conversation system in NWN is a bit too primitive to support the sort of conversations one has come to expect from an Ultima game — achieving Ultima-style conversations using it requires a lot of node repetition.

At any rate, I’ve added the new conversation system files to the project entry
here at Aiera, so please do check them out if you’ve been using any of the other utilities that this team has released…and I have it on good authority that a few people are doing just that."
Back to top Go down
https://ultimarestoration.rpg-board.net

Page 1 of 1